60-65% of the human body is water. 90% of the blood, 75% of the brain, 85% of the lungs is water. Humans lose water with perspiration, evaporation from the skin,micturation and defecation. If these losses are not replaced by drinking water, dehydration begins. You start to feel thirsty when dehyration reaches to 2 percent of body wate. If you don’t listen to the thirst or drink water or worse suppress your thirst with other beverages instead of water or eat something th eproblem gets worse.
13 reasons to drink water
-When the weather is too hot
– When you exercise for a long time in hot weather
– Heated/air-conditioned ventilated environments
– After entering the sauna and bath
– When you have fever
– When you have diarrhea and vomiting
– If you take blood pressure medication as a diuretic
Don’t forget to!
• Drink water when you first wake up in the morning, after 7 hours of dehydration
• Drink water 2 hours before exercise, during exercise, after exercise
• Drink at the end of each hour you sit at your office.